Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sushi!

     What a beautiful week it has been! I hope you all have been blessed with moments that are allowing you to grow as an individual! I've kept myself quite busy between work and school - but I'm staying healthy and soaking up all of the amazing concepts I've been learning on natural living and eating.

     My blessings of the week: received a delightful easter package from my mom - thanks mom! :) ... sold an item on ebay - my first time! ... talked with my dear Nana ... learned from a renowned macrobiotic educator and counselor, Warren Kramer ... and ...

     My father came to visit me this evening - what a treat! I had the pleasure of preparing him dinner- it was quite delicious, if I do say so myself. :-) On tonight's menu:
  • Nori-wrapped Sushi rolls with brown rice, tempeh, carrots, and
    avocado, served with a ginger-shoyu sauce
  • Rice noodles sauteed with coconut oil, red cabbage, bok choy,
    and ginger - garnished with fresh lime
  • (Perfectly) Pureed butternut squash soup garnished with walnuts

     We enjoyed ourselves - there was no time for a sweet tooth though as he had to get back on the road.  However, through the culinary education I've received so far, I was able to incorporate all five flavors (sweet, salty, bitter, sour, and pungent) in our meal and I didn't even plan it! It's becoming intuitive!! :-) Therefore, we felt quite satisfied at the end of our meal!


Sensational Sushi! :)
    
     Enjoy the start to a new weekend! Count your blessings & ask yourself, "What will I do today to make myself healthier?" Treat your body well - it will love you back by giving you a glow to your skin, a healthy view of your body, and an overall bright & fresh feeling!

     Hugs...Katie


    

1 comment: