next time I'd like to top with sprinkles or vegan peanut butter cups!
Ingredients to make your Gluten-Free, Lucious, & Chocolatey Brownie Bites:
Yield: about 30 brownie bites
3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 Tbsp arrowroot
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, homemade or store-bought
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup hot water
Kate's Chocolate Sauce (recipe below)...that's me ;-)
Kate's Chocolate Sauce:
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp rice milk
1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare three 12-cup mini muffin tins by spraying with baking spray or lightly brushing with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, arrowroot, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the coconut oil, agave nectar, applesauce, vanilla, and hot water to the dry ingredients. Quickly stir until the batter is smooth.
3. With a tablespoon, scoop the batter into the mini-muffin cups. Bake the brownie bites on the center rack for 10 minutes. Rotating the tins after 5 minutes. Use a toothpick to ensure the brownies are cooked through.
4. After removing the brownies from the oven (leaving them in the tins), use your thumb to make a depression in the top of each brownie bite. Let the brownies stand for at least 10 minutes.
5. While the brownies are resting, make the chocolate sauce. Simply whisk together the agave nectar, unsweetened cocoa powder, water, rice milk, and coconut oil. Place in refrigerator to let set for about 10-15 minutes (it won't completely solidify, so don't worry if it is still a bit liquidy).
6. Ladle about 1/2 tsp of chocolate sauce into each depression of the brownies. Leave the brownies in the muffin tins until ready to serve to maximize freshness. Cover with plastic wrap. Store for up to 3 days at room temperature.
7. Be thankful you can make and enjoy these at home while staying within budget!
Now remember, even though these are bite-size, don't go overboard. ;-) Although vegan & gluten-free, they are still a treat! :-) Enjoy thoroughly. Hugs to you all - thanks for reading!