Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies!

     I love whipping up a batch of cookies with simple ingredients I have in my cupboards - so satisfying! Truthfully, I made these because my little neice didn't eat lunch before she went down for her nap and I knew she would be hungry when she woke up. Since she had already eaten a bunch of fruit in the morning and most likely wouldn't want to eat veggies upon waking, I thought I would bake some "good-for-her" cookies! :-) She ate two by the way!


Oatmeal Craisin Cookies

You, the cookie-maker, will need:

1 medium-sized ripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 Tbsp potato starch (another starch or flour may work as well)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 dashes of sea salt
2/3 cup craisins

To make your treats:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, mash banana and stir to combine with applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla. Add rolled oats, shredded coconut, potato starch, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir to combine. Then add in craisins and mix. Let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
3. With a heaping tablespoon, spoon cookies onto lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes until kissed with a hint of gold. :-)
4. Leave on pan to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Serve & enjoy!

...be sure to make these treats with good intention & love...

No comments:

Post a Comment